Monday, January 24, 2011

Today the kids and I were driving in the van on our way to the post office and then to the park and play.  Thank you God for sunshine today!  We've been inside a lot the past couple of weeks because of cold weather so it was great to be outside and make sure everyone got some sunshine and exercise.  So the conversation went like this. 

Brooke-Mommy, can you guess what I want to be when I grow up?
Mommy-A mommy?
Brooke-No

(I was a little disappointed when she said no because she's said she wants to be a mommy almost everytime you ask her for a long time no.)

So I went through all of my other guesses a teacher, ballerina, etc.

She said you haven't guessed it at all.  Do you want me to tell you?  Oh, please tell me I said.

She said when I grow up I want to be a christian.  To which I replied you don't have to grow up to be a christian you can be a christian when you're little.  Then she said but do you have to get bapitized (yes, I spelled it correctly-it has an extra syllable when she says it)  I told her we get baptized to be obedient to God and show the world that we are glad we know Jesus.  She's thinking she's too shy to do that but she might do that when she's older.  I told her that would be fine.  You don't have to get baptized to be a christian.

Seth piped up and told her that that would be a big  'sponsibility.  You have to go to the whoooooole world and tell people about Jesus if you're a christian. 

So, thank you God for another opportunity to teach our children about you.  Thank you for allowing me to spend my days with them.  May all that I say and do point them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment