Friday, February 4, 2011

It's the 4th day in a row that Joshua has been home because of snow or ice.  He was been Brooke's substitute teacher.  I thought he was fabulous.  It was nice for me to observe a bit and watch his laid back style.  It was also nice to spend more time with Seth.  Luke kind of demands time no matter what.  So we've been in a nice little routine this week.  Each day after lunch we bundle everyone up and go out and play.  You know where you spend as much time bundling as you do outside.  We have lots of warm stuff but there's more warm stuff up in the attic.  You know the "hill" on our driveway is frozen solid and the car and van are in the garage so we're not getting in the attic.  Maybe next winter I'll think that through.  But, who would have expected all of this?  One day I decided to put socks on Luke, then his fleece pajamas and then pants and a shirt, hat, coat, etc.  I got him all dressed and then realized his shoes wouldn't fit, so we got Seth's old pair of tennis shoes and pulled them really tight.  Poor little fella fell down a lot and kind of just walked with his arms not bent and sticking out.  The next day I didn't dress him the same.  But I did use a binder clip to tighten a thing you use to wear on your ears.  It became sort of a scarf around his neck.  It's been a fun week!

Yesterday afternoon we made Valentine's sugar cookies.  This year when I got the Valentine's decorations out, Brooke and Seth asked me if we were going to make cookies again this year.  It's been a fun tradition, and a yummy one!  I took some pictures but they didn't turn out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your live via the blog...LOVE IT! And I love that you had so much fun while the snow and ice hung around. You've always had such a learners heart to learn from your husband and to be creative with crafts/cookies.
    Don't worry I"ll check back every so often. :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete