Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Countdown to 2014

I wanted to do something fun to count down to the new year.  So I numbered balloons 1-12 and about every hour throughout the day we popped a balloon and opened an envelope with an activity written inside.  It was a BIG hit!
Here's what we did....1.  Chew gum. 2.  Play UNO. 3.  Eat a snack (dessert for a snack). 4.  Play (the kids rotated to Joshua, me and by themselves). 5.  Give each person a compliment (Luke asks what a compliment is). 6.  Go outside. 7.  Make a Marble Run. 8.  Write a kind card to someone and a few things about 2013. 9.  Do something helpful and have pizza for dinner. 10.   Eat dessert. 11.  Watch cartoons. 12.  Say a prayer, tuck you in tight, say good night.


Writing about 2013.  They answered questions about their favorite color, toy, book, what I want to be when I grow up, what I want to do in 2014.
The marble run.  

                                                         Happy New Year!  

In Germany they shoot fireworks at midnight-lots of fireworks.  We live on a hill so it was quite a view.

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun idea! I may be stealing this next year or for another special occasion. :) Kim Nev.

    ReplyDelete