Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 3-October 20-Fall Break

What a blessing that the school schedule for children is more of a year round schedule than a traditional schedule.  Yet another blessing from the Lord.  Yet, I was a bit anxious knowing we had this much time from school.  I think the routine of school has been helpful for all of us.  God is so faithful.  Brooke and Seth attending German school had been one of the things I talked to God about most but we have clearly seen so many answers to prayers.

During the break, play time at our church began.  They clear out the sanctuary and turn it into a fun play place. We go on Wednesday mornings for two hours.


I also celebrated my 39th birthday during the break.  The kids and I went to a cafe for lunch.  It can be a bit overwhelming because the menus are sometimes only in German.  We were all pleased with our order though.
This is my new friend Maret that we met one day at the park when I heard her daughters speaking English and asked them where their mother was.  One very interesting thing about meeting her is that she is German but has lived in California the past 15 years.  She has lived in Göttingen the past year to spend time with her parents but is getting ready to move back to America and live in the Dallas area.  I am very glad I will still get to see her.  We had ice cream with her on my birthday.
Brooke made a necklace for me, Luke made a jewelry box for me and Seth danced.  :)
We went to the Farmer's Market.
We baked pumpkin and made muffins and coffee cake.  There is no canned pumpkin here.
We played in the forest that is right beside our apartment.
We celebrated Joshua's birthday.  He got sweet homemade gifts and as part of our special dinner we drank water out of special glasses that were furnished in our apartment.

2 comments:

  1. "... and Seth danced." That cracked me up! It so sounds like him! And his shirtless photos at the end. There is something special about the 2nd child!! ;)

    - Kim Nev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or is it the name Seth that makes them funny?!? Either way, I'm laughing at his unique and fun loving style! Love it! Glad you and Joshua enjoyed your birthdays! -Kim

      Delete