Monday, September 16, 2013

Bikes, Bikes and More Bikes

This is what you see when you arrive at the train station in Göttingen.  There is not a parking lot full of cars but there are LOTS of bikes.

Joshua was able to buy his bike from our friends the McKenzies who lived here last year while Tracy was on sabbatical from Southeastern Seminary in North Carolina.
Luke was given this bike and helmet from an American family at church that left 1 week after we arrived.
My Australian friend, Rachel had an extra bike she is letting me borrow this year and we found the wagon on eBay.de for a good price so Luke and I can get around a little more quickly. We rode to church Sunday.  Have I mentioned we live on a hill?  Definitely getting exercise.  I never thought I would be riding a bike in this dress.
Riding to a park one day.
The mail is even delivered on a bike.
Two more pictures at the train station.

Most mornings we see Brooke's teacher riding her bike to school.  This is Frau (rhymes with brow and means Mrs.) Immer.

I got this bike for Seth at a Flohmarkt (Kind of like a garage sale or flea market in the U.S.) They were asking 20 Euros and I offered 15 and he took it-yeah!  Then I just had to figure out how to get it home since I was quite far from home and I had ridden my bike there.  So I put it on my bike and pushed it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment