Saturday, September 14, 2013

September 14, 2013-Burg Plesse

Our adventure today was to see The Burg Plesse castle which is only a 30 minute bus ride outside of Göttingen.
This is by our bus stop when we arrived in the village.
We could see a tower of the castle. We just had to get there.
Seth decided to lead us and we passed some chickens along the way.
Here we go through the forest.
Isn't it so well marked ?  :)
 An outer wall of the castle.
Through the outer wall headed inside.
The castle appears to be well guarded.  These 3 soldiers are sieging an intruder.
Thankfully, I got him back.

The tower had fresh flowers on the steps.  Perhaps there was a wedding recently.
Looking up to the top of the tower.
Outside on the top of the tower.
The building on the left is a restaurant and the tower is the one we were just in.
We got hot chocolate for a treat.

Another picture inside the restaurant.

Exiting the castle
Another picture by the bus stop.  I think it would be easy to call it Home Sweet Home-if I wanted to live in Germany.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Johnita! It makes me long to be with you in Göttingen when I look at all these pictures of places and people that I know! I am really enjoying looking through your blog! You are doing a great job of stretching yourself and stepping out of comfort zones.

    ReplyDelete