Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013-Olga and Julian

This morning Olga came over and her youngest son, 15 month old Julian.  I met Olga at church.  She is actually Russian.  She speaks a little English that she learned in school but said she hasn't practiced it.  I invited her over to read the Bible with me each week.  So we started today in the book of John which is Johannes in German.  We read John 1:1-18.  She read a verse in German and I read a verse in English and we talked about what words meant as we went. There's not a word in German for every English word and vice versa so it's not so easy to translate.   She brought me a beautiful flower and even gave me my own German Bible.  I am so encouraged.  I am really looking forward to my time with her this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment